2013 is going to be a big year in gaming and we are set to see all the highlights at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in the middle of June.
Gaming aficionados are chomping at the bit for more details of the performance specifications of the new generation of gaming consoles: The Playstation 4 and the Xbox-1.
With the release of 8th gen consoles this year, excitement has mounted as regards the performance of games relevant to these systems. Much has been made of the graphic capabilities of these machines, which will be showcased in a variety of games.
Some of the games which have generated the most interest are presented below:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts. The new Call of Duty series follows a special group of soldiers called Ghosts, who are waging a covert war against a sinister enemy, after a world-wide event that resulted in a major shift in global power, leaving the United States a non-entity on the world stage.
- Battlefield 4. A jaw dropping 14-minute trailer was released for Battlefield 4 early in 2013. The combination of beautiful graphics and high octane gameplay wowed fans, who are hoping for more of the same at E3.
- Watch Dogs. The gameplay elements of this title have garnered considerable interest, with the premise being an open world city in which the game’s protagonist pursues his own ends, by manipulating the information and electronic structures of the metropolis.
- Batman: Arkham Origins. The latest instalment in the Arkham range of Batman games. This title is a prequel in which a younger Batman has to defend against the predations of numerous assassins, hired to dispatch the Dark Knight on Christmas Eve.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Solid Snake returns to thwart the machinations of Big Boss, in the latest title in the Metal Gear series. Fans of open world espionage games and Kiefer Sutherland (who voices Snake), take note