The current coronavirus situation is unprecedented, and has already caused disruption to the way we all work, socialize and shop. At every lockdown level, we continue to stand by our first principles: doing our best to care for all members of the bidorbuy community.
We will update this page as the situation evolves, check back for new information.
If you’ve not already heard the good news, we’re delighted to let you know that the government has allowed all online shopping to resume immediately. The only exceptions will be alcohol and tobacco products.
The re-opening of ecommerce brings South Africa into line with most other countries, and gives us an opportunity to show how online selling can boost innovation, promote locally manufactured goods, and make ecommerce more inclusive.
There are also important new government regulations that we all need to follow:
- bidorbuy sellers should aim to provide as many payment options as possible, to reduce risks of transmission. You’ll need to sanitise all goods before dispatching them, and observe full social distancing rules when interacting with pick-up and courier drivers.
- bidorbuy customers who are receiving parcels are advised to wear masks when accepting deliveries, stay 1.5m away from delivery drivers, and sanitise all items that you receive.
You can also read more information on the COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal – https://sacoronavirus.co.za/.
We’ve implemented the recommended protocols to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers and partners. That means making a few changes to our operations:
- During the lockdown period the bidorbuy team will be working remotely to comply with social distancing and government lockdown guidelines.
- For now, we’ve put a pause on all business travel.
- We’ll be conducting all our meetings online – and the same goes for our bidorbuy Meetups.
- We’ll continue to monitor the coronavirus situation closely, and keep you updated about any extra steps that we may need to take.
Delivery delays during the lockdown
You are now able to order and have delivered all products except for Alcohol and tobacco. You may find there might be delivery delays as online shopping re-opens and backlog of product deliveries are cleared.
Use bidorbuy’s preferred delivery options for shipping you can trust
All of our courier partners have confirmed that they will still be able to collect, distribute and deliver goods. You can use the “Ask a question” link to check with sellers if there’ll be a delay on delivery of your bidorbuy purchases.