Between dropping kids off at school and cooking dinner to working at the office and running errands, supermoms are in a perennial time crunch. But that does not mean you can’t look fabulous! Here are some simple tips to help busy moms look beautiful.
Simple beauty routine for moms on the go
You may not have time to visit the salon regularly, but you can certainly squeeze a few minutes out of your day to follow a simple beauty regimen. Consider these great ideas:
- Get more done in the shower. Personal grooming aside, exfoliate your face and feet with a walnut-based scrub. Consider showering at night after the kids go to sleep, you’ll have more time in the bathroom and save time in the morning!
- Night care. Before you go to bed, remove any makeup, wash your face with a gentle face wash, and apply some great quality night cream. Good night creams are expensive but keep you looking fresh every morning.
- Always wear sunscreen. If you have time for nothing else, slap on some tinted sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. This will prevent skin damage, act as foundation or primer, and delay the appearance of wrinkles.
- Drink lots of water and sleep as much as you can. Easier said than done, but water and sleep are absolute mommy beauty essentials.
- Get some exercise: Any exercise will do. Quick squats while brushing your teeth and calf to toe raises while watching TV are perfect.
Makeup tips for busy moms
To look fabulous in five minutes, work only on your problem areas and go for minimal makeup. For example, if your only concerns are dark circles or acne spots, you can apply and blend concealer in less than three minutes. Dab on some lipgloss and mascara, and you’re all set! If you have thin eyebrows, it’s worth the time to fill them in before you step out. Well groomed eyebrows make a huge difference to your face and make you look put together.
Hair tips for busy moms
- Ask your hairdresser for a low-maintenance haircut. Short hair is in right now, so consider a pixie cut or a graduated short bob.
- Dry shampoo will help you get rid of grease without washing your hair.
- You don’t have to wash your hair every day, but when you do, be sure to use a good shampoo. Consider a leave-in conditioner and a shine serum for all-day soft hair.
As a busy mom, you may not have time for detailed beauty rituals, but with these tips, you should be able to do all that you need to do while also looking stylish and chic.