So how exactly does one go about creating a video for the bidorbuy Crazy for Cash competition? I am new to this so I set out trying to figure out all the different formats and how exactly does one go about doing it. If you want to have a crack at the R50k prize by creating your own video here are some tips to get you going:
- Try to make your video entertaining where possible. If you are not naturally a comedian perhaps consider making a song about bidorbuy (even if it is just adapting the lyrics of an existing song).
- The better you incorporate the bidorbuy brand the greater you will increase your chances of winning (trust me, I am one of the judges). Actually your entry does not necessarily have to be funny; you could make up for that by incorporating bidorbuy in a clever way.Â
- I have a Sony Handycam so to produce a video online I would follow these steps:
- Download the raw video clips from the camera on to my PC in mpg format (using the standard software that came free with my camera).
- You then need some video editing software to put all the pieces together. You may have received such software free with your camera however I downloaded a popular version called UleadÂ® VideoStudioÂ® 11 Plus (it comes with a full 30 day free trial).
- The Ulead software itself is fairly intuitive and after a little playing around I pretty much had it figured out within an hour or so. There is also a getting started guide available online.
- I put all my individual clips together, added a bit of narration and some text overlays and in no time I had my master piece.
- I then exported the final clip into wmv format (this seems to be the most efficient format for the web .e.g. I got a 2 minute 25 second clip in 3.3Mb).
- If you want to take screen shots of a web site this can be done easily with another piece of software called Camtasia Studio Screen Recorder and Video Editor(it also comes as a full 30 day trial). You can capture your screen and then import the clip as an avi file (which in turn can be included in your master clip using Ulead).
I hope that helps. Good luck!